UK Circumnavigation

Jenny's two months of sailing, starting at Suffolk Yacht Harbour and heading north to the Caledonian Canal and eventually all the way around the UK ( weather permitting ). I will be meeting friends on route who will share the sailing. Jenny's homepage http://www.jsquared.co.uk/jennyb and the link to Serenity http://www.yacht-serenity.org.uk/

Thursday 31 July 2008

Falmouth to Plymouth

Monday 28/7/08
The weather was rather grey on the way out from Falmouth, slightly choppy with the wind on the beam.


I was just about to get the mainsail up when I noticed that the main halyard had wrapped itself around the radar reflector, and being single handed, I did not want to play around on the foredeck unless I really had to. So it was a motorsail to Plymouth across the bay. Again, there were quite a few other yachts around, often on reciprocal courses.
Arriving in Plymouth in the rain, I was hoping to make my way to Sutton Yacht harbour to be near to the town, and as per usual the phone numbers given in the almanac ( both landline and mobile ) were not being answered. I called on the radio once in the harbour actively dodging the dinghies, and found that Sutton was full, and so was Queen Annes Battery Marina. Luckily they had space for me at Plymouth Yacht Haven. It really is worth phoning ahead to confirm a berth.
I arrived and dried out.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home